The Scotch Stance on Social Responsibility

A transparent way of working

In August 2018, at least 94% of the factories Scotch and Soda works with, scored an 'acceptable' or higher rating under the Amfori BSCI Code of Conduct. For the remaining 6%, a plan to increase these scores is already underway. These factories manufacture at least 75% of Scotch & Soda garments.

In addition to the Amfori BSCI standard, 20% of our factories comply with other important standards. These include the ISO 1400, which outlines requirements for effective environmental management systems; the SA8000, a body encouraging socially acceptable workplace practices; the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS); and the Global Recycle Standard (GRS).

Some factories have established their own initiatives for additional labour conditions. Examples include offering child care and education for employees' children, and organising sports and other ways for employees to relax.

When it comes to producing denim, we emphatically avoid sandblasting. A technique used for giving denim a worn-in look, sandblasting produces silica dust that can be detrimental to workers' health if performed without suitable protective wear. As an alternative, we use ozone and laser treatments, both of which substantially reduce water and chemical use.

On top of the strict legal regulations, all our suppliers comply with the Scotch & Soda Restricted Substance List (RSL). This list is raising the bar of applicable legal regulations; to guarantee that the legislation surrounding the proper use of chemicals and substances is upheld. To ensure compliance, our products are regularly checked by third party certified testing laboratories.
bla

DYONTEX
POPMODE LIMITED

Maimianqiao Village
Jishigang Industrial Zone
Ningbo,
Zhejiang
The parent company: NINGBO DYON IMP&EXP CO.,LTD

No of workers: maximum 460

METRACO

Factory name: Metraco Ith. Ihr. ve Tic. A.S.
Izmit Akmese Karayolu 10. km
Karaabdulbaki Koyu
Kocaeli,
Turkey

No of workers: maximum 1,000

Denim AUTHORITY

Factory name: DENIM AUTHORITY S.A.
Boulevard de l'Environnement 7070
Ras Jebel,
Tunisia

No of workers: maximum 1,182

Radnik Exports

Factory name: Radnik Exports
186 Udyog Vihar
Phase 1 Gurgaon – 122016
Haryana,
India

No of workers: 1201

Radnik Exports

Factory name: Radnik Exports
186 Udyog Vihar
D201, Sector 63
Noida – 201301
Uttar Pradesh
India

No of workers: 1789